Earlier this week, I was pleasantley surprised when I received a nomination for a Liebster Award from Memoirs of a Metropolitan Girl :). Blogging for Marlow Travels isn’t a paid job, but it is something I do for fun and to extend my writing skills. Being nominated for this award is therefore an honor.
Even though it is not necessarily an award, it is a recognition and nice way to promote good blogs that have less than 200 (WordPress) followers. Being nominated gives me a also the right to nominate some of my own favorite blogs, the requirements are:
1). Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Thank you very much: Memoirs of a Metropolitan Girl A fun blog for all of you that love London just as much as we do.
2. Post 11 facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions they’ve been asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo (jep, the one on top).
11 Random Facts About Myself:
1) I am from Zoetermeer, which is a brand new booming city just 15 minutes inland from The Hague. But besides having lived here most of my life, I also lived in Molalla Oregon USA for almost a year as an exchange student, but also in Adelaide Australia as an intern for a backpacker tour operator.
2) I have an addiction for water. Whether it is a lake or an ocean, I love it! Probably due to the fact that my grandfather has a boat named after me and I used to spend lots of summers on it.
3) I study International Tourism & Travel Industry and have the opportunity to travel all over the world. For instance, my field trips took me to Peru, Bulgaria and Brazil! (Blogs about these these trips will follow some time in the future).
4) I always have cold feet! Not in the ‘nervous’ kind of way, no actual COLD feet! It is horrible. Lucky for me that I have a boyfriend who doesn’t mind warming them up.
5) Each year, I guide at a summer camp for kids aged 7-16. They are mainly kids from Zoetermeer and each year we go to a different location for a week a crazy fun. Have a look at their website (Dutch only): Het Zomerkamp
6) I still haven’t figured out my favorite food, it is either carpaccio, bacon pancakes or Greek gyros. So anyone who is able to help me make up my mind, feel free. Although if I had to chose a meal, it is definately breakfast, not dinner!
7) If I were to win a million, I’d buy a firey red vintage Mustang car and plan a trip around the world.
9) In the future I hope to persue one of the following jobs: travel writer for a magazine, tour operator for custom travel tours, or find a career in destination marketing.
10) Musicwise, the British rock continues to stand at a lonely hight in terms of my favorite. I love bands that know how to make a show with their instruments, rather than with computer programmed tunes. My all time favourite remains Queen.
11) I’m not very fond of pets, no I am more of the big ones. This summer I am going to Malaysia and the Malaysian Borneo, and hope to meet eye to eye with Asain elephants, orang-utans, and other wildlife. If you have any tips for the best local hotspots in Malaysia, please send me a message.
Now, here’s my answers to my questions from MOAMG:
1). What is your favorite non-blog website?
Autch, this is a tough one. I always check out Nu.nl which is a Dutch news website, but other than that, nothing much interesting.
2) Given the choice, what holiday would you prefer – city break, beach break or adventure holiday?
I love city breaks! On a holiday, I always have the urge to do something. Going on a city break is a good way to do that and see a lot.
3) Is there any world city you found disappointing or underwhelming when you visited it?
Hmm.. that would probably be Las Vegas. I went there as a 17-year old and Sin City doesn’t really have much to offer if you’re under 21. Although I must say that the attraction rides on top of the Stratosphere Tower are pretty awesome.
4) What’s your favourite book?
I love all the Harry Potter books, but one of the most grabbing books was Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay.
5) What epitaph would you have written on your gravestone?
Not a clue! Something sounding like: ‘Loved by friends & family, missed by all’ or something cheesy like that. I honestly don’t know.
6) What is your favourite dessert?
Chocolate mouse with red fruits
7) What is your ‘guilty pleasure’ TV show or film?
I love Downtown Abbey! It is good to know that it will return in September. Moviewise it is a tough one. Here in The Netherlands we have a cinema-chain called Pathe, and I have a membership there, meaning unlimited movies for €19,- a month. It is way too hard to pick one.
8) If you could time travel to any decade in the 20th century, what would it be?
The 18th century probably, and fancy my own Mr. Darcy ;-).
9) If any Hollywood star, dead or alive, could play you in a movie of your life, who would it be?
Age-wise it doesn’t make sense, but it would be an honor if Meryl Streep were to portray me once.
10) First record/cassette/CD/download single you ever bought [depending on your age ]?
I remember the first single being ‘Believe’ from Cher.
11) Favourite colour?
Blue or purple
These are the 11 blogs I would like to nominate:
- Stars and Rainbows
- Minding the Gap
- Dream within a dream
- We love this
- There and back(packing) again
- Gelati for Breakfast
- Dom Meakins
- The Leither side of life
- Going out on a lim
- Girl in Florence
Here’s my questions for the nominees:
1) What is your favorite bar, cafe or restaurant in any city or village?
2) What is the one country you would love to spend more than a month in?
3) Do you know the difference between Holland and the Netherlands? If yes, what is it?
4) If you had one thing you would love to happen to you in your life, what would that be?
5) Morning, afternoon, evening or nighttime?
6) What do you think is the most effective way to promote your blog?
7) What is your favorite icecream flavour?
8) What would be the tune of your life?
9) Would you consider eating cuy (Peruvian guinneapig, a local delicacy)?
10) Summer or winter?
11) If you look at my blog do you have any recommendations for improvement?
I hope you all enjoyed this little dash of blogging marketing, hope to see you back soon.